Friday, May 20, 2011

My Inner Middle-Aged Man

This summer I took firm hold of my American citizenship and inner WASP/middle-aged land-owning man, determined to bring honor to myself via a robust mane of a lawn.  Yes, I said it - mane of a lawn.



So, I laid sod.  Like a lot of sod.  Which is so much harder than just rolling it out, as I supposed.  I also seeded despite much naysaying.

Then I napalmed the yard (and my neighbors ... at 2am) with immense amounts of grub poison (operating, of course, under the "if a little is good, then a lot is better" principle).

And to my GREAT annoyance - the seeded area has been stepped on.  Grubs can still be found.  And I caught my neighbor letting her dog pee on the sod.  I'm considering setting up a neighborhood watch/guard.  Hell or highwater, this grass will grow. 


2 comments:

Lisa Sanderson said...

While you weren't looking not only did put my grubs in your lawn, dance the entire River Dance on it, but I also let all three of my boys pee on your lawn...

MBK said...

How does it look now? You need a little black wrought iron fence.