Thursday, April 19, 2012

Car Santa Strikes Again

Friends, let's remember Car Santa.

Some of you who read my clever clever sister's blog, may remember this topic has already been discussed. But, a quick memory jog: Car Santa is a jolly cousin of the actual Santa. He goes from "car to car leaving little presents for all the good girls and boys". He is not seasonal - you never know when he may strike pleasure you with a visit. His elves are less adorable miniature people in green suits and more other hoodlum teenagers and/or other homeless people Car-Santas-in-training. I can't say for sure, but I don't think he rides a sleigh. I don't think he's that folksy, you know? Also, as Susan noted when she happened to ACTUALLY see Car Santa (yes! see him!) - he doesn't wear a red suit, but in fact jeans and a doo rag. I presume this is because when he strikes pleasures you with a visit, he wants to blend in. Hate to ruin the fun of discovering you've been visited and all by being caught by the police people you are visiting...??

Well, it seems that Car Santa made his way through DC this week. How do I know this? Susan and I got in my car after an invigorating (AKA extraordinarily hot/crying child-filled/dung-smelling) visit to the National Zoo only to find my:
  • Ashtray open
  • Glove compartment open
  • Place-where-I-store-napkins-and-crap-I-should-just-throw-away compartment between the front seats open 
And everything that had been in the front seat and in the place-where-I-store-napkins-and-crap-I-should-just-throw-away compartment on the floor in the back of my car.

While I am still looking for the gifts that Car Santa left behind, I can only assume s/he pillaged gently searched my car looking for MONEY the traditional Car Santa food offerings of Coke and beef jerky (you know, instead of milk and cookies) which I, sadly, forgot to leave behind ... not realizing that it was Car Santa season and all.

My bad, Car Santa - next time, for sure (also I'll keep change in the car for you to steal for whatever it is you need that $.35 for so badly...)...


(Things Car Santa threw on the ground in his search for Coke and beef jerky. Also, yes, that is a stain on the right. No, I don't know what it's from. And, no, I don't want to hear it ... my car is paid for.)

1 comment:

POOTIE POOTWELL said...

I'm glad he left those dirty napkins. They came in handy a few days later during a small "spill" incident.