To all of you, I share a statistic: 153 hours worked between Jan 16 and Jan 31.
So what is it that keeps me occupied all those hours? I'm on a Booz Allen project with the Government of Abu Dhabi. Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates' richest
emirate, is in the process of modernizing their entire government, department by department. Booz Allen is assisting in the modernization effort to the tune of 46 million USD in FY08 alone. That kind of profit means an full-stocked office kitchen which I directly blame for a newfound addition to Diet Orange Fanta. It's so great. I've been staffed on a project with the Justice Department. A team came through last summer to design a new Justice Dept organizational structure and I'm on the follow-up team, assembled to implement said design. Specifically, I'm on the workforce realignment team and I'm charged with identifying all human resource needs for the new organization and making sure that all exisiting employees are transferred into positions in the new organization. Our fearless little team is also supporting the stand-up of supporting human capital/ resource and training systems and programs. It's been extremely challenging and extremely rewarding.
And, as you can see by the sign that was posted last week on the bathroom mirror, this office, like any, is not without its problems:
8 comments:
I was wondering what exactly Booz Allen was doing in the Middle east. Very nice.
It's for the sake of our health!
Hi Honey!
Thanks for bringing me (and other enquiring minds) up to date on your adventures!
Life is good in Memphis. I wish we had access to the zillions of dollars the folk in Dubai seem to have to help people out.
I'm very proud to know you - Emer Dean
Rach - I thought I taught you how to flush a toilet? True, we didn't have them there flushin' TOYLETS in Kentucky... but that lever ain't too hard to figger out.
Thanks for the update on your job... because I too was wondering what in the HECK you were doing for the job thing. :)
And yes, I still forage through the neighbors pantry for froot loops and other such sweets.
Did I ever say that I love your profile picture? It makes me laugh that it says "Doing the DC thing" and you're feeding hyenas. Are you trying to say something about your co-workers?
Brilliant. I'd love to spend a day in your shoes. First off, I'd flush that toilet. Then I'd head to the fridge and sample some of that soda. Keep the posts coming! I'm loving them!
Yes, Booz Allen (alas not me) is making money by the fistfulls out here...I hear rumors of partners bathing in dirhams (and I'm sure better spent in Memphis, ED!)...
Tam: them flushin' toylets scur me...thank gudness for them outsahde toylets...
Kaedi: Diet Fanta, really a 2nd rate substitute for my first luv: Diet Coke, an addiction to which I lovingly attribute to a past life at 4A Haven Drive...
Susan: HA! Strangly Freudian, oh dear...
And to all, I should probably just send an email to each of you :)...
Post a Comment