I got a little nervous the morning of Day 5 because I realized that my project manager, whom I had a meeting with on Day 4 would also be attending a presentation I was giving later on Day 5... But at that point I was invested and I am, if nothing, a girl of my word (albeit stupid words).
By the end of the week, however, I had a hummus stain on my left pants leg from Wed's lunch, baklava spill on my right pants leg (long story, but that wasn't my fault) and there's some other strange mark on my right suit coat arm. So it was a good thing I didn't decide to wear it for 10 work days.
This is me on Day 5 celebrating both the presentation and, more importantly, a suit as exhausted as me:

(Note the hummus stain on my upper left pants leg - looks like a whiteish dot...)
But I wasn't the only person with dubious dressing habits. One of my teammates is "Amir the Intern." Amir is from Jordan and is totally and completely amusing. What he lacks in work product he makes up for in good stories. And interesting dress habits when the hour draws late:
(sorry, stay tuned for picture...having technical difficulties. but imagine here Amir wearing a tie around his head like a bandana.)
Yes, that is a tie around his head. (And yes, our project manager did walk over to check in with us right as another team member logged onto Facebook and before Amir had time to remove his "tie hat." Super professional...)
6 comments:
Where's Amir's picture??
5 days is NOTHIN' girl! You've got to be proud of those KY roots and extend this thing through a whole month before you have anything to be embarrased about. :)
You didn't! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha
So the question remains -- did anyone notice? comment?
I did, and I'd do it again. Ha. So no one SAID they noticed, but I'm sure the smell tipped them off and they were just being polite....
I've been wearing the same suit to work since July. I've washed the pants many times. But I haven't drycleaned the suit jacket. I'm wearing it until it falls off of me...
Post a Comment