Sunday, July 13, 2008

Adventures in Haircuttery

I was long overdue for a haircut. But I had seen several of my colleagues get their hair cut by local stylists and I was scared I'd end up with hair like this:

Which would force me to dress like this for 2-6 months:

Since I have fairly W.A.S.P.y hair I made a rule that I needed someone with a passport from a country west of Germany to cut my hair and, preferably, west of the State of New York. After considerable research, I ended up with a British passport holder. Luckily, I think she did pretty well with the instructions, "I actually had my current haircut in 7th grade as well so make it different":

12 comments:

Joy said...

Funny.

Cute hair by the way. I like it.

Shannon said...

I love the hair. I think you did very well in finding a good stylist. Much better than my first attempt to get my haircut in Taiwan when I ended up with the back of my head shaved. No joke. A very becoming look on a Mormon missionary.

Jenny said...

I love your haircut, Rachel!

david said...

wowzers what a hot, hot lady

Cyndie said...

Very nice cut.

I am having my hair cut tomorrow, and I am nervous.

Schmathy said...

Great hair, seriously, it looks fabulous!

susan said...

You're SO BEAUTIFUL! It looks swell.

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Very nice haircut-classy and cool, just like YOU!

Katrina said...

Rachel,

It looks GREAT!! It makes me want to go out and get my hair cut as well....if/when I do I'll send pictures.

ALYN said...

Wow! Stylish. I've now subscribed to you, so I will remember to read!

I want nice hair like that! You look great!

Kaedi said...

One word: HOT

marlamuppets said...

i laughed so hard i nearly peed my pants - that cover up thing might work well if you did ever get a bad haircut - but the on you got is fabulous! i wanna copy you!