Monday, July 7, 2008

A Few of My Favorite Things

In honor of Mom, Katie and Susan's visit, please sing to the tune of the Sound of Music's standard:

Family arriving on B.A. Seventy-Two-oo
Henna on hands and whiskers on camels
Smothering days of 41 'grees ... (celsius that is)
These are a few of my favorite things

Fruit layered cocktails and crisp sunburnt faces
Taxis and hotels with doorbells that chi-ime
Omani men that attempt 15 year old kidnaps
These are a few of my favorite things

Girls in abayas with faces all covered
Dubai Big Bus to-ur that nearly killed us ... (yes, another heat reference)
Dune bashing rides that leave stomaches behind
These are a few of my favorite things

When my family leaves
When the hotel room empties
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad

4 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

OH HOW FUN! I'm sure it was so great to have your family with you! FUN FUN FUN!

Margaret said...

Wow.

All that and you write lyrics TOO?!

Wow.

Rachel said...

haha - this (compose blog entries) is what I do when I'm in boring meetings. clearly, I had several this week...

susan said...

So maybe this is because it's really late, but I just noticed that we all have creepy demon eyes in that last picture.