Thursday, March 12, 2009

Brown Food Day

Today I ate:
  • 3 graham crackers (1 with peanut butter)
  • 1 piece of bread, toasted (with peanut butter)
  • 1 Diet Coke (ok, maybe 2)
  • a handful of black olives from Harris Teeter's olive bar (do olives come in "handfuls"?)
  • 3 chocolate chip cookies (picked out the chocolate chips, threw away the cookie part)

I am convinced that any meal (or day's worth of meals) that is all brown is totally unhealthy (for this reason I avoid Chinese buffets like the plague). So when I realized that all my food was brown I immediately remedied the situation by chewing 2 pieces of cinnamon gum - which were red.

I'm not against food. In fact, I really like it. I just don't like buying it. Or cooking it. Or cleaning up after it.

And some days are just meant for survival-type food foraging. On days like those, it's brown food from the depths of my cupboards. Or the chinese buffet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HandSful NOT handfuls. The plural is in the numbers of hands that were full. Don't ask why the extra l is left off when added to the hands. Eat some figs next time - then you will at least add some fruits to the mix and then can call it all healthy.

What was your mother thinking when she raised you? Unknownbeknownst to her the lessons were absorbed in your own creative way. Mazel Tov!

susan said...

Um, this would totally have been okay. All you needed to do was eat monochrome food for the rest of the week; for example you eat watermelon, strawberries, tomatoes, and raw beef one day; corn, cheese, rotten milk, and dandelions the next day; and so on.

That would have been way awesome.

ALYN said...

OK, no brown food...

bjohnston said...

We usually do a green food party sometime around St. Patty's day, so I see nothing wrong with a brown food day too.