Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

It only took four calls home and three different Google searches (WHY WHY WHY so many different recipes for what amounts to boiling a root and smashing it up?  So confusing...), but I successfully made one green been casserole and mashed potatoes.  Quite possibly the two easiest Thanksgiving Dinner dishes. 

Baby steps nonetheless.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I beg to differ. The first (and last) time I made mashed potatoes, they were a lumpy near-solid mass that I dropped off at a funeral luncheon with my eyes lowered. They never got fluffy so the bowl was barely half full. They were disgusting. I recently discovered a recipe for smashed red potatoes. You wash 'em, put 'em on a pan, cook 'em, then pull them out and put them on the floor and cover with another pan. Then you step on it all. Sooooooooo my kind of recipe. Then you drizzle 'em with olive oil & sprinkle with a TON of salt. Tada.

Lisa Sanderson said...

The only thing you need to know about mashed potatoes is that the more butter and salt you add the better they taste.