
I fly a lot these days. I mean, a lot. So here's something I've learned, sadly, through some amount of trial and error (with 100% error rates):
You cannot beat the moving sidewalk. Don't even try it. Even if you POWERWALK on the non-moving sidewalk you will still lose the (imaginary to everyone else but very real to you) race against the elderly couple who are walking with canes on the moving sidewalk.
Instead, hop on the moving sidewalk and powerwalk past the elderly couple/tourists/flight crew/etc.
This is a win/win situation - you get to the gate faster (which is usually necessary because you are about to miss your plane) and you win the (imaginary to everyone else but very real to you) race.
3 comments:
Oh it's not imaginary...
Hahaha, I was going to post word for word Lisa's comment. Because it's so very real. Those old people know it, too.
I'm not sure I like these comments about old people with canes. What exactly is the problem with old people who have canes. Inquiring minds want to know.
Post a Comment