
Over the Christmas break we had a family discussion about what "irony" is and is not. Is it, in fact, ironic for it to "rain on your wedding day"? (No.) Or "a free ride when you've already paid"? (Eh.) Or "ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife"? (Totally not.)
But what is ironic is tripping over a safety cone. And by tripping I mean all-out-face-flat-on-the-ground-both-hands-outstretched-palms-down trip at 5:30am just outside the doors of Reagan National Airport.
As I laid there trying to figure out if I could feel all my fingers and toes a TSA Agent ambled over to ask, "you all right m'am". And then he wandered off as I mumbled, "I think so" and hauled my sorry butt up to go catch a plane to Grand Rapids Michigan in January. Which, in and of itself, is sort of like a mind all-out-face-flat-on-the-ground-both-hands-outstretched-palms-down trip every single Monday morning.
4 comments:
What the TSA guy came over to check if you were alright and resisted the urge to give you another pat down? Amazing. You'd think you're sweater collar would at least get a pat down right?
I'm sorry to laugh at your pain... but I kind of just laughed at your pain. Really hard.
Sorry.
What beach were you enjoying (in previous post)??
I agree with Tammy, in that I hate to laugh at your pain.... but I'm gonna. :-)
I would have given you a hand up and checked your sorry butt to be sure it was ok. Is it?
Post a Comment