The building shook. I thought we'd been hit by a plane (sad, I know). I looked at my officemate and we moved to the hall where we asked our office neighbors what to do. No one knew. Damn my east coast elementary and middle school fire drills! I demand my money back. Wait, what are we talking about? Ohyes earthquakes.
Ok so we finally decided as the rumbling stopped that perhaps we should be in the doorway. So we all gathered -2 per doorway- on the 11th floor. But by then the quaking had stopped. So we went back to work.
Then we thought - if the building's damaged maybe we should leave. So about 20 mins later, we left but then we stood at the base of the building. A glass building. We discussed this and decided we should move to the Starbucks. And get coffee/hot chocolate.
And then we all just went home.
But anyhow - word on the street is that the volunteer fire marshall for our Boston office totally freaked out and went running down the hallway screaming for people to leave the building.
Which is sorta amusing in a not amusing sorta way, http://jmckinley.posterous.com/dc-earthquake-devastation.

1 comment:
My West Coast co-worker (who presumably had many more drills than us East Coasters) panicked, screaming "Oh my gosh. OH MY GOSH. This is NOT an earthquake!!"
It was the Indianan and Kentuckian who were the first to grab our purses and lead everyone down the stairs and out of the building.
Post a Comment