Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Adams!

I traveled to Addis via Phoenix to see Tammy and Greg and the incomparable Emma and Grant.  They made me laugh, they made me think, they fed me (REAL HOMECOOKED MEALS!), they taught me that there is this thing called "summer grass" and another thing altogether called "winter grass", they loaned me their dentist when my cruddy crown popped off my cruddy teeth, and they made the most wonderful church-pew company.

And in return, I gave Emma a pink feather boa that shed feathers all over.  It was one of those lanyard kind of trades.


But a whirlwind weekend through and through.  The honest truth is - I was plotting a return before I left.  Sometimes you walk into a home and it just feels like ... a home.  It has that sine quo non.  You feel like you are settling into a warm, safe place where you just know good things can and will happen.  This?  This is the Adams home. 

[Further note: I may or may not have a video of Miss Emma shaking her bottom while dancing about the kitchen singing.  This Little Miss has got 200% confidence and a sparkle to match.  It's adorable.  Completely adorable.  And available upon request.]

No comments: