The story goes like this: four people are driving up a street in San Francisco minding their own business when all of the sudden this happens:
Before too long they find themselves surrounded by 100s, nay, 1000s of bicycles. What is this plot twist you ask? "A political movement called Critical Mass, http://critical-mass.info/," the hippie cyclists shout back as they surround the car and force it to slow to a mere 10 mph (which is not very environmentally friendly, by the way).
Had the protagonists of this story not found the event altogether hilarious, they might have pulled off to the side of the road like all the other cars. But what good story ends so obediently? Definitely not this one - so instead the brave little Toyota found itself crawling up the street, joining the bikes in the movement to ban cars cause, hey, if you can't beat 'em, might as well join 'em...
Anyhow, a few pictures of my 'San-atello' weekend, dedicated to one Tammy K. Adams:



5 comments:
The Critical Mass website is very interesting.
I learned that I have been missing a ride:
Every other Thursday @ 10pm from in front of Gate City Noise on Tate St. at the UNCG campus.
How exciting!
Wow! Quite the adventure. Thanks for the pics my dear. A real life shout on on a blog? Man, I have really made something of myself. Actually, your pics have inspired us for Halloween. We found this great little lobster costume for Emma on Craigslist, but were wondering how Greg and I could join in the fun. 2 Red Lobster Hats. Check.
Nice pix! You and Anna are so gorgeous. Also, I told Matthew that haircut made him look like one of the white supremacists from "A Time to Kill." I'm so glad you've immortalized it forever and ever.
This reminds me of your grandmother and aunt Sue going to the streak in on the UIUC campus because it was happening. Innocents in crowds.
Always great memories when you come to visit. Can't wait to see you again.
Post a Comment