Friday, October 24, 2008

Ode to Big Chief Watopotami

I understand that this video may be funny to only three people in this world (those being the three showcased in the video). But I do love it so.



Why?

It captures the tail end of almost five hilarious days that involved:
- three mosques, one palace and one really old old old church
- two Medusa heads
- one hamam, somewhere around 32 birthday suits (not that paranoid I was counting or anything) and two unappreciated pats (shudder)
- six rides to the airport (but two more than planned)
- one fight with the ceramics seller guy in the Grand Bazaar
- two attempts to find belly dancers
- five or six Magnum bars (or maybe seven or eight)
- two continents and one ferry with one bathroom that left two of us dry-heaving
- four nights up late answering life's questions like, for example, why Anna was not eligible for Massawepie Maids
- nearly neglible amounts of time working (all things considered)
- unmentionable amounts of lira and equivalent amounts of laughing

Why else?

Somehow, for some reason every time I watch the clip, I laugh. And I am reminded that I have a really hilarious, really great family whom I love a whole lot. XOX

8 comments:

Cyndie said...

I especially liked the singing.

marlamuppets said...

hilarious.
and i just was formally introduced to the magnum bar in israel!!!
YUM-O! i saved the stick for my scrapbook - that's how much i liked it. :)

Don and Robin Cooper said...

I love how you guys enjoy each other so much! I miss my Kearl girls! :) I'll be watching for Anna on Broadway!

Anonymous said...

And what could be better than to be related to all three amazing women in the clip? Tell me again, WHY weren't Uncle David and I invited? (Ask that with a whine in your voice.)

Sara said...

Oh! I cried laughing! And not only at the video! Your summary superbly captures the essense of Istanbul! What a fabulous fabulous trip. We are still eating Turkish Delight--but only because the girls have been distracted by Halloween candy.

Sara said...

And the pictures were a big hit--although I need the rest of yours. :) The kids in Hannah's class were amazed to find out that there are children in Turkey too!

POOTIE POOTWELL said...

Or maybe 10 or 12 Magnum bars??

I miss the Hiltone Paksa...

Greg and Tammy said...

Amazing Anna wasn't in SCAPA with talents like that! :) How fun to have Sarah and Anna visiting!