Last week I purchased a pea coat. I own one already but one too many pencils have disappeared into the lining and the wool was starting to shine, but not in a good way, so it was time to replace. I worked into the wee hours of the night analyzing, comparing, selecting and purchasing a replacement. I felt quite pleased with myself when I hit "purchase" and slept a satisfied sleep.
And then brother David referenced this site: Stuff White People Like, http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com
I surfed over and found #111 Pea Coats, http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/10/02/111-pea-coats. So, turns out I fall guilty to #104, 115, 106, 100, pretty much all the items listed in the 90s, 112, 109, 88, 85, 83, 81, ... right, you get the picture.
Just a hypothesis here, but I'm guessing that the only thing that makes my pea coat "more" white is the store that I purchased it from. Out of some modicum of dignity, I shan't admit here where...
4 comments:
Hahahaha, whitey.
K, so I tried reading that thing but it was long and boring and by #15 I still didn't fit any of the stereotypes. Apparently that means either a) that I'm not white, or b) that I don't get satire.
Oh Pish! I've had a pea coat for years.
I love this website. I laugh everytime I read it. ;)
Post a Comment