almost had my Diet Coke
hijacked by a little boy. He came up from behind and grabbed the can in a very wily surprise, but failed, attack. By the time it all registered he was one block up the street. If I hadn't been so surprised, I probably wouldn't have employed the 'vice-grip' move and would have let him have it. But, my Diet Coke? My instinct was to protect: don't mess with the DC. had my donut stolen by a 11 year old. Again, a surprise-from-behind-move... (I began to wonder if I shouldn't portage all food above my head.) I again employed the instinctive 'vice-grip' move. But this time I had had the presence of mind to just let go when second thought rolled around. (Now don't judge me by my food choices; after five days, I was T-I-R-E-D of Indianesque food.)
watched a nursing woman stop nursing to wave a bottle in my face to beg for milk for her baby. I presume you see the irony in this....And I knew it was time to go home.
Kathmandu - I like you. But you tire me out.
And as for home? I'm not really sure where it is anymore. Last week as I flew East to return to Abu Dhabi, it felt normal to unlayer ("goodbye sneakers, sweater, scarf. hello flip flops, t-shirt, sunglasses") as the women around me layered ("goodbye jeans, shirts, faces. hello abaya, head scarf"). Destination 2009? TBA.
3 comments:
A Diet Coke? Are you kidding me? I'd give up my wallet and car before letting a thief take my caffeine fix. Serious. It's a drug. Why don't you make Arizona a 2009 destination? I promise I won't steal donuts or beg for milk. I may steal your drink though...
Home? Where mother, father, sister, brother and dog love you best of all (ok - not the dog). Home? Where last year (in 5 short days) the family drank 87 sodas of all varieties and no one stole from anyone (ok, so Anna was a little suspicious). Home? Where you can sleep and talk and sleep and laugh and sleep and know that we are glad you are there no matter how many layers you wear (ok - its Idaho so you will be wearing lots).
My cousin was in Nepal recently, I think they're in Northern India now...
You've been such a globe trotter!
Post a Comment