Monday, January 26, 2009

Mental Age Ability? Around Two

I played Wii last week with a friend's four year old. He kicked my trash. At one point, I had zero points and he had like 53. I still don't really get how to use that joy-stick thing and it was a little humbling to have a kid who can barely read telling me, "Press A, Rachel. Press A."

The game thrashing ended with him saying "Just keep practicing." Apt advice indeed. Especially from a little man who reaches about my waist.

5 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

You crack me up! I totally understand! We just bought Guitar Hero and some Wii games so the grandkids could play at our house. I just "watched" as everyone tried to show Don what to do! It was hilarious! We have snow day #2 today, so maybe I'll go downstairs and start my "practicing". I am a grandma, and love that title, but I hate being so "old" that I'm not hype! Love reading your blogs! Hope you are well!

Janell said...

Levi beats Stephen consistently. Last night Steve stayed up an extra 2 hrs instead of going to bed early (he teaches seminary)just so he could figure out the game and hopefully not lose so badly.

Kelli said...

Karl and I both got whipped by my little 4 year old nephew in Wii sports. It didn't help that he was totally trash talking, thanks to lessons from my brother. I think Karl wanted to throw his controller at the kid. We've moved on.

Sara said...

You should play with Ali. She'll kick your trash too.

Terry Family said...

Don't feel bad, my 4, 5 and 9 year old kids are all better than me! It's really bad when your wii age is almost as old as my grandma, and my kids and Shaun are 40+ years younger!
I enjoy reading your blog. Hope you are doing well.