
Multi-tasking me was also on the phone. This meant that I wasn't paying attention to where I was stepping. I put my foot down in something sandy. Approximately 12 seconds later I felt *intense* pain shooting up my foot. I looked down to see -With Great Horror- ants swarming my leg. And by swarming, I mean swarming. I had stepping in a fire ant hill and was being eaten alive before my very eyes (or just stung a lot - you pick the version you like better).
I hung up with a "if you don't hear from me in 1 minute call 911 because I'll probably be dead like those people in the new 'Indiana Jones' movie" and immediately began running around trying to shake them off.
I survived. It was terrifying. My leg burned all night. Lesson learned: if you trespass, look where you step.
9 comments:
Oh, Rachel that sounds horrific! Awful. Almost as bad as death. My kids had a few ants in their room this weekend and my four year old asked if ants can kill you. I lied and said no. I figured that those little black ants couldn't and that there was no sense in freaking out my 4 year old when it was almost bed time. But how horrible!!!! Yuck!
OUCH!!!! Glad you survived!
Ouch ouch ouch! I did that once, too. I was in Brazil and they were what I liked to call "big head ants." Because they had big heads.
OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!
Yikes! I will keep your advice in mind whenever I trespass to take pictures of dilapidated houses in New Orleans.
As you well know, in some parts of the world fire ants are a delicacy.
also in some parts of the world fire ants think you are a delicacy.
Ants in my pants! ANTS IN MY PAAAAAAAAANTS! Or my leg, whatever.
Every kid who moves to Georgia discovers the horror of fire ants very quickly!
They are fast mean biters!
EEEEeeeewwwwwwwww!!!!! The one thing I don't miss about the South is the bugssssss!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment