Thursday, March 25, 2010

Injustice

Damnit.

Another root canal. Another crown.

While sitting in the dentist chair I realized that if it were the olden days, I'd only have six of my front teeth left. I guess if I'm going for vanity and not quality of life, those are the six to have. But really???

The injustice of it is outrageous. I am the only member of my family who flosses with religious regularity. I brush my teeth night and morn. I have sworn off soda.

And my teeth are falling out anyhow.

I responded to the news with the most logical reaction possible - I stopped at the 7-11 on my way home for Big Gulp Diet Coke, I ate 2 Oreos for dinner and I didn't brush my teeth before bed.

Figured I might as well enjoy the demise of my few remaining teeth.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

It is NOT fair! You're right. I brush my kids teeth at the same time and really do a better job on my 4 year old's teeth, and yet already she's had one tooth extracted because the cavity was so bad and at least 3 filled...and she's four. My six year old has never had a cavity.

Growing up, my sister, who also brushed and flossed religiously, always had cavities and I brushed but rarely flossed and only got a couple. It drove us both crazy taht the dentist would always tell my sister that she should be more like me. Brush her teeth like I did.... So not fair!! I'm sorry about your dental woes. That sucks!

ALYN said...

That made me laugh, the 7-11 oreo, go to bed without brushing part.

I'm sorry for your dental pain though. Ouch. I'm glad it's not the old days. You'd be all bare mouthed!

Greg and Tammy said...

Atta girl! Eat sweets and just let all your teeth fall out. Then move back to KY and enjoy the rich selection of men propped up on front porches state wide.

david said...

can you "like" a blog post? well, consider this one "liked."