Saturday, May 8, 2010

Good Through and Through

I really don't like the song "Fireflies" at. all. Like almost more than I don't like Glenn Beck.  And I don't like Brother Beck (fear mongering bigot that he is)  At. ALL.

I mean:

"'Cause I'd get a 1000 hugs
From 10,000 lightning bugs
As they tried to teach me how to dance
A foxtrot above my head
A sock hop beneath my bed
A disco ball is just hanging by a thread..."

Really?  Foxtrot?  Hugs from lightning bugs?

But I just love this.  Apparently some kids in my stake put it together.  Somehow it just captures everything I love about being Mormon.  Good through and through.

5 comments:

susan said...

By the way, I tried really hard to find that t-shirt with Glen Beck crying and a full moon behind him, but I can't. I'm very sad that it's no longer a Christmas/birthday present option for you and David.

susan said...

Another comment: you've probably seen this already, but if not it's a video mocking the songs like this one. It seemed appropriate for this post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyasBBoQqCA

david said...

Glen Beck smells like hotdogs.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about fear mongering. Have you heard of that Moroni guy. Some scary stuff about secret combinations trying to take down the government, destroy man's freedoms and to gain power and wealth. I can't stand reading that stuff from that trumpet blowing bigot. Did you know he hated the lamanites so much that he wouldn't even associate with them for over 36 years. Instead wandered in the wilderness by himself to avoid those people. Talk about racial profiling.

Rachel said...

"Anonymous" have you a name? To his credit, even Glenn Beck is willing to put his name behind his fearmongering words...