Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hanamana-mo-ma Bay

We went a-snorkeling.  But honest to goodness, I have no idea still how to say the name of the bay we went snorkeling in.  Every time it was different - Hanamanamana, Hannamoahaha, Hanmanohama ... and finally just "that place we snorkeled".  Clearly you can take the girl out of the Mainland but not the Mainland out of the girl.

But anyhow - we went a-snorkeling.



At one point 5 of us were snorkeling together, which totally and completely stressed me out because I felt, as the bossy oldest, a need to continuallly make sure that we were all accounted for (no "sweeping out to sea" under my watch...). 

This required me standing up (I'M SORRY ... YES!  I STOOD ON THE CORAL!) and counting, "1, 2, 3, 4...wait!  Where is 4?? (that's Katie ... who was always somewhere else), 5".  Over and over and over.  For 2 hours.  Very stressful indeed. Oh the problems we have.

1 comment:

MBK said...

So glad you understand the stress I live with constantly. 2-3-4-5-6. 1-2-3-4-6. 1-3-4-5-5. Someone is always missing. What to do?