“The adventure is over, everything gets over, and nothing is ever enough. Except the part you carry with you. It’s the same as going on a vacation. Some people spend all their time on a vacation taking pictures so that when they get home they can show their friends evidence that they had a good time. They don’t pause to let the vacation enter inside of them and take that home.”
- "The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler"
We left David at the airport and returned to the beach. I felt that sense of mourning that hangs about when something very good is about to end and you don’t want it to. I willed time to not hover so closely and allow us a moment. But it wouldn’t be stopped. So we wrote in the sand and talked about our favorite moments. We ate left over granola bars and tried to catch waves. And we let our vacation enter inside as the dusk turned to night.
1 comment:
I hope the granola bars were the kind dipped in chocolate. Those are the most delicious ones.
Post a Comment