Sunday, July 17, 2011

The Mormons!


I was driving back from the office and saw this sight appear like a mirage in the desert:


We screeched to a stop with me yelling like an idiot, “elders elders I’m a Mormon also!”  Good grief.  Anyhow, I said, “find every missionary in town that you can and bring them to dinner on Friday night.” 

Friday night came and six materialized – right on time.  Two from Nigeria, one Sierra Leone, another from Ghana, a fifth from Zim and the last from Washington State.  Interestingly, four second generation members. All darling, hopeful and near unto starvation as it would seem as, in a country where most live off a dollar a day, we somehow managed to spend $120.


And that, my friends, seems to be what happens when you tell adolescent males, “order whatever you want."

3 comments:

MBK said...

Can not tell you what a wonderful story this is. I so love the fact that you yelled and gathered. Their moms are so happy you did.

Janell said...

Ain't that the truth! (and it's not just adolescent males)

Don and Robin Cooper said...

I need to read your blog more often! LOVE it! I think you need to take me with you so I can go on adventures too! :)