Here's the thing. If you ever find yourself in the presence of an alligator, keep in mind that they can "jump". While in the Keys Tammy and I took an airboat tour where an Alligator Whisperer Man whispered a couple of them out of the water and into our presence where he fed them ... bread (??).
He urged us forward to make aquaintance.
I stepped forward. I leaned in. And then I had a thought which cause me to ask, "can alligators jump?"
"Sure", said Alligator Whisperer Man.
"Oh okay. Um, how far?", I asked.
"3-4 feet", Alligator Whisperer Man answered.
I'm no math genius but I quickly calculated the distance between me and the alligator and it came to the grand total of "a distance by which the alligator could reach me".
[Note: the pensive pose you see me holding in this picture is me calculating "alligator jumping" distance and wishing I had a ruler with me.]
He urged us forward to make aquaintance.
I stepped forward. I leaned in. And then I had a thought which cause me to ask, "can alligators jump?"
"Sure", said Alligator Whisperer Man.
"Oh okay. Um, how far?", I asked.
"3-4 feet", Alligator Whisperer Man answered.
I'm no math genius but I quickly calculated the distance between me and the alligator and it came to the grand total of "a distance by which the alligator could reach me".
[Note: the pensive pose you see me holding in this picture is me calculating "alligator jumping" distance and wishing I had a ruler with me.]
No comments:
Post a Comment