Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Rascals Take the Florida Keys

This week I found myself on a plane headed south and west to Florida to reunite with the other half of my Rascal-ness: Tammy.



In 4 short days (more here):
  • We boated (with glass bottoms! no less)
  • We snorkeled (ohmy - watching a shadow approximately 4-5 feet long swim under Tammy made me nearly pee my swimsuit, "dear Greg, I am sorry to tell you...")
  • We ate key lime pie (every.single.place it was offered) AND (AND!) Entenmanns donuts)
  • We discovered that Everglades are perplexingly dry (?? I admit: this is what I pictured ??)
  • We learned about alligator "business socks time" (you have no idea...but I dare you to youtube it)
Most of all we talked and talked and talked and talked.

Truly, one of life's greatest kindnesses is friendship. As Tammy shared:

A true friend unbosoms freely, advises justly, assists readily, 
adventures boldly, takes all patiently, defends courageously, 
and continues a friend unchangeably. ~William Penn

No comments: