Flashback to 1983. Anna wanted to play Barbies with me and Caron. Of course - not possible. Who plays with their little sister?
Mom intervened with the directive to allow her to play with us.
10 mins later Mom conducted a monitoring visit to find me and Caron playing in one corner and Anna in the other.
What? Upon further investigation my Mom found that Anna's Barbie was "on vacation in Florida".
The ultimate sibling scam - Caron and I were living our Barbie lives in Rochester on one side of the room and Anna on the other side of the room. We were "playing together" but "not". Ta-da!
Flashforward now to Cairo.
As known in my family, I like to invite myself along on trips and fun times. I caught wind of my parents and Anna "playing Barbies in Cairo" so I naturally invited myself along.
And then did my very best to co-opt the trip and send Anna off to Florida - which would be the seat behind me squarely wedged between my parents.
Mom intervened with the directive to allow her to play with us.
10 mins later Mom conducted a monitoring visit to find me and Caron playing in one corner and Anna in the other.
What? Upon further investigation my Mom found that Anna's Barbie was "on vacation in Florida".
The ultimate sibling scam - Caron and I were living our Barbie lives in Rochester on one side of the room and Anna on the other side of the room. We were "playing together" but "not". Ta-da!
Flashforward now to Cairo.
As known in my family, I like to invite myself along on trips and fun times. I caught wind of my parents and Anna "playing Barbies in Cairo" so I naturally invited myself along.
And then did my very best to co-opt the trip and send Anna off to Florida - which would be the seat behind me squarely wedged between my parents.
No comments:
Post a Comment