Last night I got home in a mess of jet lag. I was completely exhausted and I fell asleep mid-conversation with Anna (my latest 5 star accomodation). Anna was still in my room when I woke up an hour later talking about getting henna in Abu Dhabi with my clients (who are all men and, by the way, do NOT wear henna).
When Anna started to laugh, I told her I was completely serious and totally awake and "knew what I was talking about." At some point, the conversation shifted to ordering food for a client meeting, with henna I'm sure. She made minimal efforts to placate me, "yes Rachel. Right, Rachel. What kind of food, Rachel?" At some level of consciousness, I knew I was being made fun of, but I was still asleep enough to not be able to deal with it. So I got incredibly offended and did the only thing a self-respecting girl could do - I rolled over, pulled the covers over my head, and refused to talk to her any more.
4 comments:
Very nice.
Some day I hope to return the favor by rolling over and refusing to talk to YOU. In the meantime, I am relieved that you didn't have a knife as I am convinced you would've stabbed me, so mad were you that I was not properly recognizing the need to plan the menu for your work/henna party!
You're back! Megan was just telling me yesterday that she wanted to go visit you and go bowling again! What an enriching and enduring influence you are on my children!
Post a Comment