But I will seize this opportunity to talk music and shamelessly promote Old Crow Medicine Show. I heart Old Crow Medicine Show, www.crowmedicine.com/.
We met several years ago during my annual pilgrimage to Wolf Trap to see Prairie Home Companion performed live, and we've been faithful seeing each other ever since. Our relationship went from one of casual flirting to serious commitment in October 2007 when I saw them at the 9:30 Club in DC. Allison and Molly chaperoned what was a fabulous date, I mean, concert where they literally played the strings off their banjos (or fiddles or whatever). And when I found out that their names included Critter, Ketch and Willie I knew this was a love that could last (even though one bears an unfortunate resemblance to David Spade).

So when I learned that they were performing last week I told my project in UAE that I had important "things to do" and had to get back to DC by Wed night. I pulled into Dulles at 2pm and by 5pm I was on the road to Richmond with Anna. By 8pm we were in the balcony enjoying an intimate conversation with aforementioned Ketch, Critter, etc. via one "so good the audience is singing along" song after another.
Like all good dates, I left having had a great time, wanting more and well fed (oh well, that was thanks to Anna). So, in honor of last week, I have uploaded some my OCMS favs. And am now sitting by the phone, eagerly awaiting their call that they're headed back to town and with the promise of another great night.
5 comments:
Are you kidding? Why isn't New Virginia Creeper on the playlist!?
ahh, well, it's def a fav... but with questionable innuendos and all I hated to make my blog PG-13...
I am ammenable to correcting said oversight if convinced otherwise.
Get Rhythm by Johnny Cash? I totally salute you for putting that up. Good taste my friend.
Such a joy to listen to and to remember nights in smokey bars listening to Iris DeMented. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Moan and wail away Crows, my baby is listening and she is ready.
I dig 'em. Fun to find a group to become a "groupie" over... I mean, boyfriend. Love the post on sleep deprived Rackel trying to sound "together". I've totally done that. It makes me so frustrated in my sleep that people are laughing. :)
Post a Comment