3/4 of the Kearl Girls plus 1 Snarr Girl paid pilgrimage to NYC this weekend. In sum, we had a grand time.
Highlights you ask?
A surprisingly amusing tour of Mme Toussad's wherein we discovered that they have a haunted 'house' section that had Katie literally screaming within about 2 seconds of entering. Also, the statues? Creepy - nothing walking out of the bathroom and jump because you discover Hilary Clinton staring you down. They are remarkably and terrifyingly life-like.
- A techno-dance party at Blue Man Group. With toilet paper. Epic. Except where the Blue Men crawled all the way back to the back of the theater OVER the seats using our heads to steady themselves. Yes, in fact one Blue Man stopped at our row and rubbed/groped my head for a solid 10 very uncomfortable seconds (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi, 3 Mississippi...). I considered it not an unreasonable consideration to ask him for money in return.
- A down and out street fight with a sketchy 6 foot tall Chinese man in Chinatown selling purses out of a garbage bag. It's a long story, but for those of you who know about my experience retrieving belongings from a homeless man under the West Side Highway ... something along those lines.
- Alice's Tea Cup (Sam and Jamie - you save the day yet again) - why does everything taste better in pretty china and when it's made miniature?
- FAO Swartz. I think this video speaks for itself:
(Yes, that's Anna hogging the piano floor, in case you were wondering)
- Katie - well, I don't think she reads this blog so I can brag on her without her knowing that I'm embarassing her. But, at some point she's become this gorgeous uber-competent funny grown up...so fun to take on the City with her. XO
2 comments:
Sooo glad that I knocked over TWO girls in my eagerness to display my "grapevine"-ing skills.
AWESOME fun up in NYC, I guess I forgive you for not bringing Katie by to finally meet her. Anna you piano hog, didn't your mother ever tell you that you have to share the giant floor piano?
Post a Comment