Harris Teeter has a parking spot for "expectant mothers". I pulled into the lot the other day and it was empty. I thought, "I'm expectant." I mean, it's all in the definition. I expect to expect.
I came out of the store 20 minutes later and it just so happened that the car next to me was loading up. He looked at me and said, "congratulations."
There was only one reasonable reply, "oh, why, thank you."
And then I got in my car and drove away. Only mildly ashamed.
3 comments:
"Mildly ashamed" quite nicely describes why I had a token limp, as I walked away from my handicap spot for the last four months I had the handicap tag...
How come when I'm expecting I blow up like a Macy's Day parade balloon, but you stay trim and beautiful for the full nine months?
Had I read this post 2 weeks ago when I was HUGE as a HOUSE with my waddling stride, I would have reported you to Mall Security - but now that I too am "expecting" to someday be with child, I support your choice. Could rank up there with cheating on seminary though... :)
Post a Comment