Thursday, December 13, 2007

Coast Cruising

Our project team took a cruise in a dhow (traditional boat) last night along the Abu Dhabi coastline. Well, the old coast line since they are building new land maybe a half mile off the coast. So, I guess we cruised in between the old and new coast line...








But anyhow, it was an "all-you-can-eat" seafood dinner. Since I don't much care for food that (1) can stare at me as I eat it or (2) has less than 2 legs or more than 4 legs, the meal was something of a loss for me. I consoled myself with really good hummus and bottomless cup amounts of Diet Pepsi. But a friend put away somewhere in the ballpark of 6 lobster tails. Ahh, gluttony - I told him I had Zantac he could borrow (reference earlier post)...













But we also had brilliant views of the city skyline. UAE celebrated it's 36th anniversary 2 weekends ago (the above blurry picture of the skyscrappers close up are of huge "36"s which are lit up on buildings all over town in honor of the anniversary). Everything you see in these pictures was created in the last 20 years. It's incredible - and we've been building the "mixing bowl" outside DC for about the same amount of time...




And, lastly, a picture of me with my two bosses:

No comments: