Sunday, December 30, 2007

Pocatello: the City of Low Expectations

We've been brainstorming new city slogans for Pocatello - my parent's new home. The winner: "the city of low expectations"...

To get some milk, we stopped by a local grocery store – where they accept only cash and debit cards. Okay. We made it to Fred Myers where they were selling this fine product (via Park City):



It hasn’t stopped snowing since I arrived – which I guess the town can’t help, but I’m still holding Pocatello responsible for it. The mayor has declared himself “anti-growth” (translation – no Target), which is a good thing because we all know that “growth” spells doom for any self-respecting town.

Luckily, the view out my parent's back window is pretty good:

3 comments:

annakearl said...

Don't forget that Pocatello is the Smile Capital of the USA - at least ONE thing going for it...

susan said...

Oh my gosh that beer is maybe the funniest thing I have ever seen. Where was I when you found that??

Joy said...

That beer is awesome. I've heard about it but haven't seen the label yet. Seriously cool.


My dad is from Pokie and since he retired a few weeks ago, he keeps saying that they are moving there.