
(the land along the back of the picture is "built" land)
A ginormous Christmas tree appeared in the hotel lobby this week. Apparently one can make a buck off Christmas even in a Muslim country:

The world is fully of "peaceable contradictions"...Emirate men gathered for a meeting in the shadow of aforementioned Christmas tree:

I'd also like to thank my primary care physician who also answers to "dad" for some long-distance medical care. My final observation is that a work assignment that covers ALL food costs (and then some) can have negative consequences. I went to dinner with work colleagues and, at their suggestion, ordered a Wagyu steak,. This is something that I'd normally have to sell the rights to my firstborn in order to afford, so I naturally ate it with great relish. Six hours later I found myself in the throes of heart attack-like symptons. I called home and my dad confirmed my diagnoses of "acid reflux" and gave me the generic name for Zantac ("ranitidine" for those wondering). I stumbled down the block to the pharmacy where an Iranian pharmacist quickly provided. $11 dollars and 30 mins later I found myself feeling sufficiently healed to stand down my medevac request and begin thinking again about that Wagyu steak... Thanks, Dad - xoxo
1 comment:
YYYYYYYYES! You're online! FINALLY I can catch up with you while you traipse around the planet. So happy to see your posts. Keep 'em coming!
Post a Comment