Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thoughts When I Should Be Asleep

I slept in both days this weekend. And by sleep in I mean woke up at noon. I realize that many of you have kids and are rounding the corner into Part 2 of the Day at about noon... apologies all around.

Now, I pay for it by laying awake in bed thinking about how tired I'll be tomorrow at my 9am meeting.

I'm thinking about the things I wish I was doing tomorrow instead of going to work. I'm thinking about a job interview that's on tomorrow's calendar. I'm thinking about "Garage Girls" and photography. I'm thinking about how today Dad turned 59. I'm thinking "why didn't it work?" and, even more, "would I have been happy if it did?" I'm thinking about storage units and New Orleans. I'm thinking about living my way into Something.

I'm also thinking about the frame shop in Pocatello that once framed a formerly-inside-someone artificial hip. It was presented to the framer a bit, um, dirty. He asked them to clean it off first and they did so - at a public car wash. I'm thinking that it's a good thing I don't use public car washes to wash my car.

3 comments:

MBK said...

So, how was the interview?

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel what a cool blog. Are you moving to new orleans? We are going to visit there in three weeks, first visit! Very excited. I'm not even sure are you back in the US? I guess I need to read more of your blogs. Thanks for the update on your URL!

emerdean said...

My darling LBR. What joy you bring to me!
BTW - i found the note that the nurse put on my bedside table to document your call to me while i was in the hospital last summer: "Elbe Are called and wishes you well." Have I thanked you for that???
All good to you, my dear - unclemerdean