Friday, May 30, 2008

Congrats Class of 2008 ... AT LAST

Since I wasn't able to attend my high school graduation, I finally attended my very first ever high school graduation today - that of one Matthew Alan Kearl, a proud graduate of Pocatello's Highland High School:

I must say, however, that it was, in a word, INTERMINABLE. At one point during the proceedings every member of the family was texting another member of the family:

Several of us had the foresight to bring reading materials:

And others found amusement in the form of (very) excessive picture taking:

Our various coping mechanisms provided us with enough stamina to survive through 150 minutes of events that included: 4 speeches, 3 choir numbers, 1 orchestral number, and a bunch of other stuff that pains me to remember.

But every single minute of it was well worth the opportunity to celebrate a wonderful, smart, funny, big-hearted, pretty-darn-cute and not-so-little-brother Matthew. So, Matt - many congratulations on all your hard work. Here's to 18 wonderful years past and 18 times 18 years to come:

3 comments:

ALYN said...

I can't believe you made it this long without attending a high school graduation.

Graduations are painfully long. Nathan's made me glad I'm not planning to get my own degree. 3 hours!

Leah said...

Holy Moly, when did Matt get to look like that? I would not have recognized him on the street! congrats to him and I am glad that you survived...our long graduation story was my sister Chandra's and it culminated in Mom guzzling a large portion of what should have been water but was white wine or something equally sneaky!

Greg and Tammy said...

You definitely sealer your "really good sister" spot by attending that! I have managed to avoid most of my siblings... but seriously, I think college graduations are MUCH worse because there are so many more people and everyone thinks they actually have something important to say. BTW, super cute dress you are wearing! AND HOLY COW Katie has grown up! She is so cute!!