Thursday, May 8, 2008

R.I.P.

There once was a girl who flew far
But her trip, it had a great mar
For her t60 laptop
At the gate it was stop’d
But not till Frankfort she realiz'd with alar(m)

***

Rachel's Booz Allen Hamilton-issued IBM T60 Thinkpad Laptop
June 4, 2007 - May 2, 2008
Herdon, VA - Dulles Airport

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad! RIP little laptop!

Julian Acosta said...

I would probably die if I lost my computer. Emily would rejoice.

Rachel said...

I won't lie, I have had to go through the stages of grief:

- denial (on plane, and total OCD checking and rechecking of my seat area),
- anger (a lot of that),
- bargaining (offered dinner for the security guard in Dulles if he'd pull the security footage for the gate I was sitting at),
- depression (2 days without a computer and refusal to email),
- acceptance (writing limericks during boring meetings)...

and then back to depression, anger, anger, depression...clearly I'm still working through it

ALYN said...

ouch! That's a sad way to go.
She died so young. Although perhaps she was just kidnapped? Hopefully her new family will be a good one!

I'm sorry for your loss.

Kaedi said...

Sad. So sad. Who would steal a laptop?!? Okay, dumb question, I know.