Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Church

This week I found myself evaluating my faith through the lens of outside scorn – sourced in what were once trusted friends.  

Faith is not a simple matter.  It is complex and straining and yet confirming all at once.  As all good things are.   It also requires a sort of endurance.  The thought that it would be easy or obvious is counter to the very principle of faith.



And within this mind of thought, I found myself at church today.  It was a mix of same and different – the framework was familiar but the practice was evolved and relevant to the present location.  And full of faith.

2 comments:

Lisa Sanderson said...

Attending church all around the world is a remarkable experience. I'm so glad there was a church for you to go to.

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Love reading your posts...you are a remarkable young lady!