Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Food, Or Lack Thereof


Something you should know about me.  I'm not a foodie.  Even remotely so.  I survived off of PB&J in high school, oatmeal in college, scrambled eggs and omlets in grad school and Diet Coke as of these days. And in the middle, when I submitted my mission papers, my only unspoken but heartfelt fondest heart's desire was ... to go somewhere where I didn't have to eat anything that had: (1) less than two legs, (2) more than four legs BUT did have either (3) hair or feathers, and (4) within this category: parts of those animals that were muscle and muscle only and totally and completely undefinable.

All of this is to say that right now I’m staying in a hotel that serves goat skin soup for lunch and so I've had to alter my current diet to: rice, plantains, and excessive amounts of candy.


1 comment:

Lisa Sanderson said...

You and I should exchange sometime. I'm a total foodie. I'd eat the candy, rice, plantains, and probably the nasty soup, even if it tasted gross. I'd still totally eat it.